I used ComicLife for the first time to create a comic strip to use with my students. The topic I chose to teach with my comic strip is simple machines. I had a great time creating my comic strip, and I am confident that my students would absolutely love using this program. This experience opened my eyes to the countless ways this program can be used, across subject areas and grade levels. It can be used in virtually any classroom, with so many benefits! Students get engaged in their learning on a deeper level and are enthusiastic about it. They improve their writing skills and their technology skills.There are so many learning opportunities with this program, I can't list them all. Now if I can just find a way to get this program on our school computers....anyone have any suggestions? Because now that I know about it, I want to use it!!
Here is a link to my project, if you would like to check it out! I'd love to hear your comments about it or about using comics with students.
http://katieadams.wikispaces.com/Comic+Life+project
Katie-I love this comic life project! I cannot wait to use it with our upcoming unit on simple machines. Simple machines can be difficult for the students to remember and categorize and I think the student examples in your project will really help them. :)
ReplyDelete